Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Democracy Sucks

Hugo Chávez is such an idiot. Now don't get me wrong; I consider him a friend. Heck, we even roomed together during the 2005 DespotCon at the Havana Hilton. I remember we teamed up for a water balloon fight against Than Shwe and the rest of the delegation from Myanmar, or Burma, or whatever the hell they're calling themselves these days. The hallway was soaked by the time we were done!! Then we all chipped in for some Cuban hookers.

Anyway, back to Chávez. I had warned him not to let his citizens vote on his effort to become President for life. It's that kind of stupidity that makes us dictators look like buffoons. But did he listen? No, of course not, and his proposal to abolish term limits was defeated.

Don't look for him to give up, though. Chávez' current term expires in 2013, but I'm sure he'll still find a way to stay in office. Declaring a state of emergency is always a good one, but I don't want to tell him how to do his job.