Tuesday, January 13, 2004

I want my POW back.

We captured this guy fair and square during the war 50 years ago--a war in which we kicked some serious American tuckus, I might add--and now he has illegally escaped. His family--the ones still alive, at any rate--are all happy to have him back.

Well, that's nice. Boo-hoo. I'm deeply touched.

But the fact remains that I never gave him permission to leave, so I want him back.

Look, let me put in this in perspective for you: Do you have any pets? Like a dog or a cat? (We have dogs and cats here, too, but we call them "livestock.") And you love your little pet, don't you? Of course you do!! And if something happened, like maybe Fido wanders out of the house when you're not looking, you'd want him back. wouldn't you? Of course you would!! You wouldn't want him living next door in your neighbor's hut, now would you? No, of course not!!

And why not? Because he's yours!!

Now do you see why I want my little POW back?